Vinod Kumar Mishra
- Qualified UGC-NET in 2012.
- Master of Library & Information Science from B.H.U. with 65.77 percent in 2004.
- Master of Arts in Sociology from CSJMU (Kanpur University) with 53.00 percent in 2010.
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science from B.H.U. with 65.00 percent in 2003.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) from B.H.U. with 58.50 percent in 2001.
- Diploma in Computer applications from RCSM with 69.50 percent in 1999.
- Higher Secondary from KVS with 53.00 percent in 1997.
- High School from KVS with 51.00 percent in 1995.
- At present working as an Assistant Librarian at NIT Rourkela since 20/05/2013.
- Worked as a Senior Library Information Assistant at IIT Roorkee since 12/07/2011 to 18/05/2013.
- Worked as a Senior Library Information Assistant at IIT Kanpur from 10/12/2007 to 11/07/2011.
- Worked as a Librarian at Army School, cant Varanasi from 13/07/2007 to 06/12/2007.
- Worked as a Librarian at DALIM Sunbeam School, Varanasi from 24/11/2005 to 12/07/2007.
- Apprenticeship training at LPSC, ISRO from 19/11/2004 to 18/11/2005.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Present Status of Open source software: a case study of Banaras Hindu University” Shaping the Future of Special Libraries: Beyond Boundaries: International conference of Asian Special Libraries 26-28 November 2008, New Delhi.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Open source software: a cost effective way in providing LIS education and services in developing country” Library Profession in Search of a New Paradigm: 23rd National seminar of IASLIC 10-13 December 2008 at kolkata.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Open-Source software: a complete and cost effective solution for knowledge management in libraries” Role of IT-Enabled Knowledge Management in Growth of India: Sangoshthi 24-26 July 2008 at Tamilnadu.
- De, Mrityunjoy and Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Quality of digital images: the challenging job in digital era” in National Seminar on Role of Quality in Management and Library System: Issues and Challenges organised by IBS-NOIDA (ICFAI Business School-Noida) in collaboration with MALIBNET, 2009.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. ” Comparative study of Essential Qualifications/Experience for library staff, skills required in ICT Environment and syllabus of LIS education in digital era: a case study ” in International Conference on Academic Libraries organized by University of Delhi, Delhi, India during 5-8 October 2009.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Essence of User-Education programme for complex search interfaces and their methods in digital era: a case study” Library/Information Users In digital era: 27th National conference of IASLIC 26-29 December 2009 at Bhuwaneshwar.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Application of social network to improve/help LIS profession/professionals: a case study of HDLS at lishelp.ning.com in 2nd International symposium on emerging trends and technologies in libraries and information services organized by Jaypee University of information technology, Solan, during 3-5 June, 2010.
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Relevance of Bibliometric Study in Ranking/Performance of the Institutes:A Case Study” in 10th International CALIBER 2015 organized by INFLIBNET center, Ahmadabad, during 12-14 March, 2015.
Papers published as Book Chapter
- Mishra, Vinod Kumar. “Systematic approach of data migration, customization and implementation of Koha: a case study of Saharanpur Campus Library, IIT Roorkee” Transforming libraries and librarianship : a festschrift volume of late Dr. Harish Chandra / edited by Sanjay Katariya, John Paul Anbu K, Shri Ram, Nirmal Kumar Swain and Naresh Singh Bhandar, KBD Publication , New Delhi, 2015, ISBN: 9788190799966.
- 6th International caliber-2008: from automation to transformation organized by INFLIBNET and Allahabad University in Allahabad from 28th Feb-01 Mar., 2008.
- “Intellectual property rights sensitization programme” organized by FICCI and IPO in IIT-Kanpur on 22nd Jan., 2009.
- Special Library Association-Asian chapter: International seminar on Libraries at crossroad organized by SMS medical college and IIMHR in Jaipur on 9th Oct. 2009.
- IFLA International News paper Conference on Digital Preservation and access to news and view organized by IGNCA, New Delhi.
- National seminar on” digital preservation of manuscripts and rare materials”, organized by Central Library, Banaras Hindu University on 24th Dec., 2005.
- International conference of Asian special libraries (ICoASL 2008) on shaping the future of special libraries: beyond boundaries held in New Delhi from 26-28 Nov., 2008.
- Library Profession in Search of a New Paradigm: 23rd National seminar of IASLIC held in Kolkata from 10-13 Dec., 2008.
- 2nd International symposium on “Emerging trends and technologies in libraries and information services” organized by Jaypee University of information technology in Solan, from 3-5 June, 2010.
- IFLA International newspaper conference 2010 on “Digital preservation and access to news and views” organized by IGNCA and IFLA newspaper section in New Delhi from 26-28 Feb., 2010.
- Building Digital Libraries using Open Source software organized by IIT Roorkee in Roorkee from 17-19 Apr., 2008.
- Training on Libsys Software organized by Libsys Corporation in Gurgaon from 25-29 Aug., 2008.
Events Attended as Resource Person:
- Invited by Central University of Odisha for implementation of Koha, ILMS during 16-17 August, 2013.
- Invited as resource person on Koha and Joomla workshop by BIMTECH, NOIDA during 21-23 March, 2014..
- Organized workshop on Koha, Joomla and data migrations at NIT Rourkela during 02-05 May, 2014.
- Invited by Assam University, Silchar and successfully migrated data from SOUL as well as implemented Koha and DSpace during 18-20 April, 2014.
- Migrated data of IISER, Bhopal and implemented Koha via remote login/assistance.
- Migrated data of Bhakti Vedanta Research Center, Kolkata from Excel and imported in Koha during 17 April, 2014.
- Migrated data of Central University of Gujrat from SOUL2 to Koha during 01-02 September, 2014.
- Implemented Koha and Migrated data of Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Central University, Lucknow from Excel during 29-30 September, 2014.
- Invited as resource person on Koha and Joomla workshop by IIHMR, Jaipur during 19-21 September, 2014.
- Invited as resource person in Workshop on Koha library management software organized by Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur, Chhattisgarh during 22-23 November, 2014.
- Invited as resource person for assistance/training to library staffs on Koha library management software at Mahatma Gandhi Antarastriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Wardha during 19-20 December, 2014.
- Invited as resource person in National workshop on Open source software: Koha, DSpace and Joomla organized by IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand during 02-06 February, 2015.
- Invited as Resource Person at Padmanava College of Engineering Implementation of Koha Library management software on 21st February, 2015.
- Invited as Resource Person at Central University of Jammu for data conversion and Implementation of Koha Library management software during 06-09 June, 2015.
- Invited as resource person in National workshop on Use of Open Source Integrated Library management software-Koha, Organized by Jharkhand Information & Library Association, Ranchi, Jharkhand during 20-21 June, 2015.
- Invited as resource person for revamping of existing Koha library management software at Mahatma Gandhi Antarastriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Wardha during 25-27 July, 2015. Apart from above assisted many libraries and supporting remotely also in implement of Koha and DSpace
- Invited as Resource Person at Madhusthali Institute of Teachers Training, Deoghar, Jharkhand for data conversion form excel and Implementation of Koha Library management software during 18-20 September, 2015.
Technical skills developed:
- Koha Library management software
- Newgenlib Library management software
- CDC/ISIS software
- DSpace digital library software
- Joomla content management system
- Windows operating system
- Ubuntu Operating system
- Microsoft office and open office package
- MySql Database
- Open source software tools and technology